07 août, 2007

101 things


As I have nothing of interest to report, I will rely on this questionnaire I found whilst perusing random blogs. I hope it entertains someone besides just me and invite others to answer it on their own blogs!

1. How many keys are on your keychain?

Two. I don't gots a caisse.

2. What curse word do you use the most?

Can't say I'm a big swearer, I AM a cultured lady afterall(hey, stop laughing, I'm serious!) Funny thing is I def swear more in French than in English as it has way less meaning to me. If I had to pick one, though, it would be the F word.

3. Do you own an iPod?

Well, I have an MP3 player, if that's what you mean. I'm not fancy-pants.

4. What time is your alarm clock set for?

Alarm clock? I don't gots no job!

5. How many suitcases do you own?

One ginormo suitcase that I LOVE and my hiking backpack as well as my kitty's little house. How am I ever going to move back to the states if need be?

6. Do you wear flip–flops even when it’s cold outside?

Yes and while it doesn't bug me, the Frenchies go nutty and stare me down!

7. Where do you buy your groceries from?

Super U!, Champion(both at walking distance) or LeClerc.

8. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?

Be in the picture, I'm vain like that. Not really, I just like to see myself at places to sort of prove to myself I was there. I often like to go back and look at old photos and LOVE to make scrapbooks.

9. What was the last movie you watched?

Last movie in the theatres was Ocean's 13 about five weeks ago. Set to go see Ratatouille tonight(yay!) Want to see Two Days in Paris.

10. Do any of your friends have children?

Bek, a friend from study abroad(but, she's also a bit older than me) and that's it! You didn't ask me (thank goodness) how many are married/getting married!

11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy?

My way into France. Seriously though, my way into France.

12. Has anyone ever called you lazy?

Who hasn't?

13. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?

Hmm, maybe a couple times. I really should take that for those long flights!

14. What CD is currently in your CD player?

No CD. Though if my roomate would like to kindly stop playing "like a boy" and waking me up at 8 AM, I wouldn't mind that.

15. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?

I heart milk. Especially really cold milk on a hot day, how refreshing. But, I also love chocolate. Hmm, I choose both.

16. Has anyone told you a secret this week?

Don't think so, but it's better that way...I hate keeping secrets! Secrets secrets are no fun, secrets secrets hurt someone.

17. When was the last time someone hit on you?

This past Sat after a Soiree Tapas when we went out on the town. It was a drunk French dude who thought he was really awesome. He was wrong.

18. What did you have for dinner?

I was feeling like spoiling myself a bit, so I had homemade pizza! Chicken, pineapple and mozzarella...miam, miam!

19. Do you wear hoodies often?

Not often enough. And I lost my fave hoodie I bought 2 years ago here in Rennes that I loved because it was nice and light, gray in color and had a purple flower design on the inside of the hood, so it was super cute!

20. Can you whistle?

Yes. But, par contre, I can only snap with my left hand-isn't that weird?

21. Have you ever participated in a protest?

Non.

22. Who was the last person to call you?

My roomie called me today because she was bored at work.

23. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park?

Hmm, I like to play it safe with the water rides. However, I always manage to get peer pressured into going on the Roller Coasters and they terrify me every time...I need to learn a lesson!

24. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?

I'm sure people talk about me behind my back...but, hopefully it's all good stuff!

25. What area code are you in right now?

35000 aka RENNES.

26. Did you watch cartoons as a child?

I certainly did! Although, I really have trouble watching them now. That is, the ones meant for grown ups. Things like The Simpsons and Family Guy. Animated films are, however, a different story.

27. How big is your local mall?

Umm, do you mean the centre commercial? Yeah, a)not really a mall and b)not that big.

28. How many siblings do you have?

A sister who is 7 years older.

29. Are you shy around the opposite sex?

I can be pretty shy around anyone, really. But, meet me when I'm with 2 or 3 friends and I'm totally at ease. I wish I were more like my dad, though, as he is a HAM and a half. He can talk to ANYONE about ANYTHING, I envy that.

30. What is your biggest regret?

I don't have any as I don't believe in regrets.

31. When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt.

I laughed at something geeky my roomate said at our roomate interview last night.

32. What movie do you know every line to?

Not every line, but Bridget Jones' Diary. When I was little, it was The Little Mermaid for sure.

33. Do you own any band t–shirts?

Def not.

34. When was your last plane ride?

May 2007 to the states for my Aunt's funeral.

35. How many chairs are at your dining room table?

Always 5, sometimes 6.

36. Do you read for fun?

Absolutely, but it's been a bit now since I've had a book on my nightstand. Waiting(very impatiently I might add) to start Harry Potter.

37. Can you speak any languages other than English?

French and Spanish(although this last one is getting worse and worse by the day, I swear!) I also know choice words from the languages of countries I've visted plus Russian and Chinese. I randomly taught myself 1-10 in Italian. I'm a language fiend!

38. Do you do your own dishes?

YES...and UGH! I've never lived in a place that had a dishwasher either, so I don't know any better, but I would love to have one un jour. Seeing them at friends' houses, ca donne envie!

39. What color is your bedroom painted?

Yeller(unfortunately)...bedroom back home is purple which is my fave color. When I grow up, I think I will opt for maybe a medium blue?

40. Have you ever cried in public?

Yep, but not many times. I really try to avoid it when I can. The last time I did was when I was really sick, very fed up and scared about it and complaining to my friend.

41. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?

Laptop, which is virus free since Wednesday...yay!

42. Which do you make, wishes or plans?

Living in France means making wishes.

43. Are you always trying to learn new things?

I HEART LEARNING.

44. Do you shower on a daily basis?

Gotta be honest...it really depends. Am I working or not? Am I single or dating someone? Yup, I'm grody.

45. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?

I think I'm good for now...I have two in one ear, three in the other, the nose and then a Triskell tattoo on my foot. I am planning on taking out the nose one before I turn 30, though.

46. Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date?

If he invited, then def yes. If not, I will go splitsies. Money makes me uncomfortable, though.

47. Can you skip rocks?

Don't think so.

48. Have you ever been to Jamaica?

Nope. And I would rather go to Hawaii.

49. What to snack on at the movie theaters?

Popcorn...or my sis, sometimes cousin and I smuggle in Twizzlers or Junior Mints from CVS. Here, I've smuggled in stuff from the candy shop before. I'm cheap, people! I remember one time going to the movies with my best friend with a box of cereal. That was random. We do love cereal, but still, that's kinda weird.

50. Who was your favorite teacher?

My 5th grade teacher. She made learning fun and that's where it all begins, baby!

51. Have you ever dated someone out of your race?

Not so much.

52. What is the weather like?

Summer-like slash fall-like.

53. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?

I'm not typically attracted to that, but if I like someone, what's that to stop me?

54. Do you have an online journal?

Here she blows.

55. What was your favorite class in high school?

French...does that surprise you? Also, choir and lunch because that was social time!

56. Do you enjoy traveling via airplanes?

Not so much. I can never sleep very well hence why I should try the sleep meds! But, if I slept through the meal(s) and they skipped me, I would be FURIOUS. So, maybe not, afterall!

57. What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender?

I know it's cliche to say, but true for me, HONESTY.

58. Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive?

Hmm, I've had crushes on people that my friends couldn't really get and also have had crushes on people who weren't the standard version of attractive, but they had great personalities. But, I also find people can become more attractive to you over time as you start to fall in love with their personalities.

59. When was the last time you slept on the floor?

Well, I was sleeping on a matelas gonflable for the first week I got here, does that count? Otherwise, right on the floor must have been in college.

60. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?

Yum. Oh, oops, saw alcoholic and went on auto-pilot. Hehe. I like rum, pineapple juice and grenadine. Pina coladas too! I mostly like the sweet ones, but beer holds a special place in my heart as well.

61. Does your closest Starbucks have a drive–thru?

Closest Starbucks? Tear.

62. Do you like your living arrangement?

Yes, I really, really lucked out and I hope our new roomate(whomever s/he is) will be just as awesome!

63. What is your mother’s hometown?

Nova Scotia, Canada. She's a lovely, lovely Canuck!

64. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?

I can manage to function after even a nuit blanche. But, I really need at least 7 or 8. I likes me some sleep.

65. Do you eat breakfast daily?

Normally yes. LOVE CEREAL!

66. What was the last thing to scare you?

Something that I convinced myself sounded like gunshots. I am a scaredy cat and I will really have du mal when the roomie leaves for vaca.

67. Are your days full and fast–paced?

Not in the least, especially these days. I like it like that except in extreme cases where I start to go stir crazy and answer 101 question questionnaires.

68. Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class?

I was really good in class until I got to my AP French class in high school where a bunch of my friends were and we just constantly would chatter away and my teacher once sent me out to "get a drink of water" ie take some time to calm down because we were cracking up.

69. What is your favorite fruit?

Strawberries and pineapples. Hands down.

70. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?

Nope.

71. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?

26.

72. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?

Yes, me no likes when peopl dont speaks verry gud, yo.

73. Do you believe in life on other planets?

I think it's possible, but not necessarily what we would consider as life.

74. Have you ever been to Six Flags?

Yes, but to me it will always be Riverside.

75. Who was the last person to piss you off?

It takes a lot to truly piss me off, but a couple "friends"(acquaintances) got my goose this past weekend because they were being very judgmental which I CANNOT stand.

76. Do you believe that God has a gender?

I'm Agnostic, ask me when I figure the whole God thing out.

77. What was the last thing you ate?

Special K with peches and abricots...I did breakfast for lunch!

78. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?

I tend to have more friends that are girls, but maaaaan, I miss guy friends! Girls are just so complicated sometimes!

79. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween?

I remember a picture of me as a witch, but I dunno if that was my first one. My mom made me a butterfly costume one year which was pretty awesome of her. I miss Halloween.

80. How did your parents pick your name?

They just liked it. But, my middle name is the same as my aunt's(mom's sis) and pretty common except for they changed one letter.

81. Do you like mustard?

Not really...and I'm not a fan of most condiments either(hate mayo with a passion.) However, my tastes are changing as I age ever so gracefully.

82. What do you tell yourself when times get hard?

Things happen for a reason, this is all meant to be.

83. Would you ever sky dive?

I highly doubt it.

84. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?

I usually wake up on my back, but I try all positions until I can get comfortable.

85. What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself?

That's a good question, but I have no idea. Someone who likes France, but loves her friends and family from home and doesn't know what's next, who's that?

86. Have you ever bid for something on ebay?

I certainly have, but not in a long time.

87. Do you enjoy giving hugs?

I love, love, love hugs. I would take them over bises any day.

88. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable?

Not so much. I have neither the money nor the desire to be trendy. I wear things that are comfortable and (most of the time) flattering, but also cute!:)

89. Do you own a digital camera?

Yeppers and thank goodness for it.

90. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?

I would feel uncomfortable knowing I didn't have the same feelings but I wouldn't know how to tell him.

91. What celebrities have you been compared to?

I remember being told I look like Erika Christensen and in middle school, I was told Jacinda from the Real World. Moreso Erika of the two, but not really either.

92. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

Don't know Star Wars.

93. Does it annoy you when someone says they’ll call but never do?

Yes, I don't like waiting around or empty promises!

94. What books, if any, have made you cry?

The most recent was Marley&Me when I read it in February. But, I'm an easy cry, so I know there have been many more.

95. Do you think you’re attractive?

I'd like to think so, depends on the day, the hair and the outfit!

96. What are you allergic to?

The pollen that would land on our window sills freshman year of college. That's all I know of.

97. Are you a jealous person?

I can be.

98. What’s your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?

Ask me after this weekend...kidding!

99. Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat?

Well, I don't really eat pork and never beef after reading a book about the conditions of animals raised for meat on huge farms.

100. If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been?

My parents don't remember! I dunno, Leo? Hehe.

101. Is it lunch time yet?

Been there, done that.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Hi Leah,
I just thought i'd say hi because I've been reading your blog for ages and have never left a comment
That was one long survey! I had no idea there was such a thing a starbuck drive through.
The british get shocked by drive thru mcdonalds. lol.
Emily x