08 juin, 2007

Strength


Well, after battling it out with the Rectorat and then after not hearing from them and receiving an email from the CIEP saying they had bien recu'd my dossier, I started to feel a teense better that I did still have the option of being an assistant if ever anything turned up. Well, being experienced with one person saying something and then another person saying something COMPLETELY different, I thought it best to email the CIEP and just confirm everything was fine. Well, at first they did, then I got this second email...

Après vérification, il apparaît que vous avez déjà travaillé deux fois en tant qu’assistante de langue, il ne vous est donc plus possible de postuler à nouveau. Merci de prendre bonne note de ce message.

Ok, well, since my contract isn't up yet, I assumed she was referring to 2004-2005 when I was an assistant and 2005-2006 when I renewed but didn't accept and according to them, quit. So, I wrote her back a nice, but firm email indicating that this year is my second time as an assistant and next year would be my third. The rules-as I knew them from the responsable for the primaire assistant ie someone WHO SHOULD KNOW-were that you can be an assistant three times total, with a max of two years in a row. Well, he told me the WRONG INFO which I found out in this next email...

Je pensais avoir été suffisamment précise, vous ne pouvez PAS renouveler votre contrat, la limite étant de deux années.

Wow and I thought that someone in an important role would not be so bitchy and also not use bubbly font that is inappropriately large and childish for even a 7th grader. Oh, I'm sorry, was that rude? So, this was my response because I couldn't let her get away with that, but I also wanted to be the bigger and better person...

Bonjour Mme Snarky,
Non, ce n'était pas clair, je pensais quand vous avez dit que j'ai déjà travaillé deux fois en tant qu'assistante que vous ne parliez pas de cette année comme ce n'est pas encore terminé. Donc, Monsieur Frenchy McFrencherson ne m'a pas indiquée la bonne information quand il a dit que j'avais le droit d'etre assistante une troisième fois. Merci quand-meme pour votre réponse et bonne journée.

I'm sorry, but telling someone something when you don't know that it is 100% correct and then leading someone to believe for three months(and what would have been longer had you not contacted them!) that their dossier was fine and dandy, is JUST SIMPLY WRONG. I'm pissed off because now that is one more possibility that is in the gutter. I don't know what I will do next year and I know if I have to go back, I will be ok. But, for now, I want to stay and I'm soooooo unbelievably annoyed at how impossible it is all seeming. I will do my best to keep positive and I can be an m'effer when I'm motivated, but Dieu give me strength! Wish me luck:/

PS-The red and all caps are supposed to represent my ANGER. Umm, in case you didn't get that already...
PPS-You might be wondering why there is a picture of a teeny bopper hunk. Well, when I did a search for Strong in google images this is what came up and I thought it was too funny and I needed to lighten the mood. Almost all my posts are me venting(sorry bout that.) Plus, who didn't love Boy Meets World? Haha!

Aucun commentaire: